In this article, you will learn more about:
Setting your store's customer account preferences
You can make customer accounts required, optional, or disable them altogether. When creating an account, customers are redirected to a separate account creation page. Keep in mind that requiring customers to create accounts might decrease sales conversions.
To edit your customer account settings:
- From your Prodigy Commerce store admin, go to Settings > Checkout
- In the Customer Accounts section, choose a customer account option:
- Accounts are disabled Customers won't see the option to create an account or to log in during checkout. They'll have to manually enter their details at checkout because fields won't be pre-filled.
- Accounts are optional Customers can choose to create an account, but it's not mandatory to create an account to check out. If customers do have an account and they're logged in, then their default address and payment fields are pre-filled when they place an order.
- Accounts are required Customers need to create an account, or have an account and be logged in to complete the checkout. This setting is useful if you're running a wholesale or members-only store, for example. Default address and payment fields are pre-filled when the customer places an order.
Click Save to confirm your customer account settings.
Customer account portal
If your store settings allow customer accounts, you will have a store branded customer account login page and portal that allows your customers to see their order history and manage their profile.